Wednesday, April 20, 2011

6. Get Him to the Greek


Get Him to the Greek was a sequel to Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  Both of these movies have Russell Brand and Jonah Hill.  I think Russell Brand is hilarious in his polite British accent.  I love that so much.  He is an asshole but he tries to come off as a really good guy.  The whole movie is about getting him from point A to point B without him partying too much or not getting there on time.  Jonah Hill has to basically go through 3 days of straight no sleep and partying with Russell Brand.  Every time that they try to get him to the airport he makes up an excuse and makes them postpone the flight.  Jonah Hill had one job to do and that is to “Mind Fuck” Russell Brand the whole time.  His mind fucking speaking was hilarious.  I just was dying laughing the whole time.  Although the movie was hilarious it didn’t have the best plot line.  It kind of skipped around a lot more than I would have liked to.  I understood what was happening throughout the movie but I just wish they pieced it together a little better.  The acting was fantastic though.  All of the faces and body expressions were spot on.  They made it look completely original.  Especially Jonah Hill, all his faces that he makes looked original and not premeditated.  I loved that about the movie the most.  Some quotes that I enjoyed were “You can't outrun me! I'm black!” “That's the best part about the Jeffrey. It goes away and then it comes back.” “Where the fuck are you? I am gonna kill you. Smiley face.” “Time to get our mind-fuck on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment