Tuesday, April 19, 2011

1. Step Brothers


Step Brothers is my all-time favorite movie.  I quote this particular movie every day of my life whether it be with friends are just in my head.  The directors did a great job with casting Will Ferrell and John Riley as well as the others in the movie.  All of them together made this movie perfect.  Their clashing personalities and serious attitudes blew me away.  The acting was phenomenal.  But of course the duo makes this movie completely hysterical.  The jokes flying back and forth never cease to make me laugh.  I think I personally have watched this movie over 50 times at the moment and I am sure the count will increase as my life continues.  In my opinion this is the most quoted movie for “funny moments” in life.  The movie idea was very original and that’s why it worked so well.  No one has ever though to do a comedy on two 40 year old men living with their parents.  The whole premise of the movie was that these two “men” are very immature and don’t have an aspirations in life.    Their parents get married and they immediately hate each other.  Although as the movie progresses they soon realize that they are the exact same person.  They become best friends until their parents break up because of their “fantastic” music video titled Boats and Hoes and their father can’t take it anymore.  They both realize they need to get jobs and do so.  They become “adults” for the first time in their lives.  But at the very end of the movie they go back to their childish ways and everything is goody goody gumdrops.  And then they get crossbows….

No comments:

Post a Comment